Something for everyone, from special Sunday roasts to a range of weekly favourites.
We source our meat from The Story, a local organisation that works directly with farmers to provide a range of high quality assured meat. Not all of the meat included in the meat box is currently certified as organic; this is partly because the Blagdon butchers don't pay the fee that would give them organic certification.
The following details the various origins and certifications of the meat included in our boxes: beef from Herons Green Farm, certified as Pasture Fed (Pasture Fed Livestock Association or PFLA) and certified organic (Organic Farmers and Growers or OF&G); lamb from Yeo Valley, certified organic (Soil Association), and also from Fernhill Farm, certified as PFLA (but not organic); pork from Herons Green Farm, organic and non-organically reared (not certified), or, when not available locally, produced free range (not certified organic); chicken from Wood Green Farm, certified OF&G, and also from Castlemead Farm, produced free range (not certified organic).
This week's contents
- 2 Native Breed Organic Roasting Joints (Beef/Lamb) (1.2kg) or non-organic pork joint (see description)
- Organic Whole Chicken (1.6kg)
- Organic Native Breed British Steak Mince (450g)
- Organic Native Breed Stewing Steak (450g)
- Dry Cured Bacon (250g)
- Sausages (400g)
- 4 British free-range Pork Chops (1kg)
- British Native Breed Diced Pork or Lamb (450g)
- Native Breed Beef Minute Steaks (500g)
- Native Breed Organic Beef Burgers (560g)
- Exact contents may vary