Carrot, orange and Wensleydale fritters
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
A simple tasty lunch or light dinner great served with chutney and a green salad.
- Start by washing and grating the carrots and placing in a bowl with the fresh juice of half a large orange, the diced onion, a generous pinch of fresh chopped parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper,the crumbled wensleydale cheese and some mixed toasted seeds.
- To the bowl add two heaped tablespoons of gram flour and mix well until a light batter is formed, if it looks a little dry add a little cold water to the mix.
- Heat up a frying pan on a medium to high setting with a few tablespoons of vegetable oil and a knob of butter for flavour. Drop a little of the mixture into the pan and when it starts to fizzle spoon in dollops of the mixture, a few at a time, flattening each one out with the back of the spoon.
- Once the underside of the fritters are golden brown, flip them over cook the other side. Place the cooked fritters in a low oven to keep warm whilst you finish off the rest.