Broad bean and new potato salad with french vinaigrette
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
- Start by podding your beans. Cook in boiling water for a minute or two before draining and placing in cold water for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut the new potatoes into quarters and boil until tender
- Rub the skin off the broad beans once they have cooled and remove the soft, bright green centres. Add to the warm potatoes in a salad bowl along with a handful of finely chopped parsley and half a bunch of spring onions sliced.
- Make the vinaigrette by squeezing the juice of a lemon into a bowl and add three times the amount of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and two teaspoons of french mustard. Mux well and then add to the salad.
- For added indulgence try adding a sliced boiled egg and freshly grated parmesan just before serving.