Mucver (Turkish courgette and carrot pancakes)
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This is a simple recipe that is relatively quick to make.
- Start by grating two large courgettes and placing in a cheesecloth or sieve to squeeze out the excess water before placing in a mixing bowl.
- Grate two large carrots ad add to the mixing bowl.
- Add a good pinch of chopped dill, three heaped tablespoons of plain flour, a pinch of salt and pepper and three eggs.
- Mix well into a thick batter. If you feel it needs loosening a little, add a drop of milk.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and spoon dollops of the batter into the pan to create thick pancakes. Flip when the bottom begins to colour. Once cooked through, keep warm in the oven while you make the yoghurt.
- Take 250ml of natural yoghurt, add a pinch of cayenne pepper, the juice of half a lemon and one large crushed clove of garlic and mix.
- Serve the pancakes warm. Goes well with meat or veg fresh from the BBQ