Broad bean and pea ragout
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
- Start by podding your broad beans and boiling for about a minute before plunging into cold water
- On a low to medium heat, melt a knob of butter with a couple of tablespoons of water and one clove of finely sliced garlic until the butter has melted and started to bubble slightly.
- At this point, add the drained broad beans and a mug of frozen peas (or fresh if you have some from your garden).
- After your one minute of cooking grate a good pinch of lemon zest into the pan and add a splash of cream.
- Take off the heat and season with a grate of salty hard cheese like parmesan.
- Beautiful served by itself or with fresh pasta