Fennel, courgette and pink grapefruit salad
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This is a lovely summer salad that looks rather beautiful once prepared.
- Start by topping and tailing your bulb of fennel and then cutting into quarters. Using a food processor or a steady hand, slice each quarter into thin slices before placing in a bowl of clod water to crisp up.
- Use a potato peeler to thinly slice the courgette lengthways into a bowl until you are left with the soft white centre which you can discard.
- cut a pink grapefruit into segments and place in the salad bowl with whatever juice may be leftover.
- Drain the fennel well and add to the salad along with a good glug of oil and a generous pinch of pepper and a little salt.
- Mix well and eat somewhere in the sunshine