Broccoli, green lentil and feta salad with a broccoli pesto dressing
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
Does it get anymore broccolicious? Doubtful.
- Start by taking dried lentils and cooking in stock until tender, drain and set aside to cool.
- Take the broccoli and cut the florets off before trimming the stalk of any rough ends and cutting into fine slices.
- Bring a pan of salted water to a rolling boil and plunge your broccoli florets and stalk into the water for fifteen seconds before draining and plunging into a bowl of cold water.
- Remove the broccoli stalks after a minute and place in a blender with the lemon juice, a peeled clove of garlic, a little salt and pepper and 100ml of olive oil. Blend the pesto mix together and set aside.
- Heat up a dry frying pan and toast the mixed seeds, remove from the heat and set aside when they start to pop.
- Finish the salad by mixing the broccoli florets, lentils and crumbled feta in a bowl. Scatter over the toasted seeds and drizzle over the pesto dressing.