Roasted tomato soup with a broccoli dash
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This is a simple soup that looks really stunning.
- Start by preheating your oven to 220 degrees celcius.
- Take the tomatoes and cut each on in half before placing in a baking dish cut side up. Finely slice a few cloves of garlic and scatter over the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper before drizzling over olive oil and balsamic vinegar making sure a little is on each tomato.
- Place in the oven and leave for fifteen to twenty minutes or until soft and slightly charred.
- Remove the tomatoes and place in a large pan with the stock before blending to a smooth consistency.
- To make the broccoli dash take the broccoli and finely slice before plunging into a pan of boiling salted water for fifteen seconds before draining and placing in ice cold water for a few minutes.
- Once cooled drain the broccoli and place in the blender with a squeeze of lemon juice and enough olive oil to make a loose sauce, 50 ml will probably be enough.
- Serve the roasted tomato soup with a drizzle of the broccoli dash on the top.