Grilled stock potatoes with a mushroom ragu
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
- Follow the recipe for Stock Infused Potatoes but instead of quartering the potatoes cut them into one inch thick slices and cook for no more than five minutes.
- Remove from the stock after this time and place on a piece of foil under a hot grill to crisp up each side.
- To make the mushroom ragu, finely slice the onion and garlic and place in a pan with a knob of butter and a little olive oil to slowly soften.
- To the pan add a pinch of dried chili and a crack of pepper with a few sprigs of thyme. After five minutes add half a glass of white wine and a ladle of stock to the pan and reduce down for a minute or two until roughly halved in volume.
- At this point add the mushrooms (of whatever variety you have) to the pan, cover and ensure that the heat isn't too high.
- After two to three minutes of cooking the mushrooms should be ready. Remove from the heat and add cream for richness.
- Serve in bowls with some of the grilled potatoes on the side