- By Matthew Pennington (The Ethicurean) Matthew Pennington (The Ethicurean)
- Dried out in the lowest setting of an oven (50ºC) with the door ajar, the kale will become crisp and flavour will change considerably with delicate seaweed and prawn notes. Superb with the combination of flavours in the 12 hour prok belly recipe. The cumin powder is a great match for the kale.
- Wash and dry the kale on kitchen roll or a tea towel.
- Slice it into thin strips then very lightly coat with the rapeseed oil.
- Dust with cumin and fine salt and place on a tray in the oven set to the lowest setting.
- Prop the door ajar and leave for 4-6 hours to dehydrate, or overnight.
- They will be crisp and brittle once finished and can be kept in an airtight box until required.