Parsnip purée with honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger & orange zest.
- By Matthew Pennington (The Ethicurean) Matthew Pennington (The Ethicurean)
- Steam the parsnips over a couple of inches of water in a basket for 40-45 minutes or until very tender. Cooking them in this way will lose no flavour and they need to be soft to purée well.
- Transfer the hot parsnips to a blender with the honey and pulse until combined.
- Add the spices and then turn the blender back on.
- Slowly add cream until the mixture loosens. Taste and add salt to season.
- Serve with grated orange zest.
- Can be made in advance, chilled and reheated for serving.