Leek and potato omelette with garlic aioli
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
A version of the classic 'Tortilla Espanola' with a seasonal leeky sheen.
- Start by making your garlic aioli or mayonnaise, it's totally worth the extra effort: separate out 2 egg yolks and place in a bowl, taking care not to get any white in with it.
- Add 1 tbsp white wine vinegar and a tsp Dijon Mustard, a pinch of salt and pepper and one clove of finely minced garlic. Whisk to form a smooth paste.
- Gradually add 340ml of olive oil, whisking continually until a mayonnaise consistency is formed. Taste and adjust seasonaing as required.
- Was the potatoes and cut into thick, even sized chunks before boiling until just tender and setting aside.
- Wash and finely slice the leeks and sweat in a large frying pan with 2 tbsp olive oil for 5 mins.
- Add a good pinch of fresh thyme leave and a half a glass of white wine and reduce until the liquid has dispersed.
- Add the drained potatoes to the pan and stir for a few minutes.
- Beat and season 5-6 eggs before adding to the pan cook until the omelette has start to set around the edges.
- Place under a hot grill for a minute or two to finish.
- Serve thick wedges with the garlic aioli.