- By Jo Ingleby of Demuths, Bath Jo Ingleby of Demuths, Bath
- Try out this lovely recipe for oven-roasted saffron parsnips:
- Preheat oven to 200c gas mark 7.
- Grind the saffron in a pestle and mortar and mix with 2 tbsp boiling water.
- Set aside for at least 10 minutes (the longer the better).
- Parboil the parsnips in salted water for 5 minutes; drain well and toss with some olive oil, honey, shallots, garlic and the saffron liquid.
- Spread out in an ovenproof tray or dish, sprinkle with semolina or polenta and roast for 30 minutes or until golden and crispy at the edges.