Curried parsnip soup
- By Jo Ingleby of Demuths, Bath Jo Ingleby of Demuths, Bath
Jazz up your roots with this yummy curried parsnip soup recipe, with garlic, ginger and Indian spices.
- Fry a chopped onion, garlic and ginger with a couple of chopped parsnips.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of a good quality Indian spice blend, plus chilli to your taste.
- Add 500ml of vegetable stock and simmer until the parsnips are soft.
- Whizz with a hand blender.
- Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve with chopped coriander and crusty bread or naan.