Sweet potato and cumin soup with crusty organic bread
- By Josh Eggleton, Michelin starred chef from the Pony & Trap Josh Eggleton, Michelin starred chef from the Pony & Trap
- Peel and thickly slice the sweet potatoes. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and fry gently for a few minutes until softened and glossy, stirring occasionally, then add the garlic, cumin and chilli and fry for a minute longer.
- Add the sweet potato and continue to cook for another couple of minutes, stirring frequently. Pour in the stock and season with salt, bring to the boil and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes, by which time the sweet potato should be meltingly tender.
- Liquidise the soup in batches. Return it to the pan and season with a little more salt if necessary.
- Combine the feta and yoghurt in a bowl and serve spooned on top of the soup, scattered with a teaspoon of chopped sun-dried tomato if wished.