Broccoli and tofu power salad
- By Laura Colebrooke Laura Colebrooke
A very virtuous dish that's totally delicious. Substitute the tofu for chicken if you prefer.
- Cube the tofu and drain thoroughly. Fry in a pan until golden and crispy on the outside. Once cooked, set aside and leave to cool.
- Cut the broccoli into florets and blanch in boiling water so that it stays lovely and crispy. Drain and plunge in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Make the dressing by squeezing the juice of one lime into a small bowl. Add a good glug of tamari and 2-3 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- Peel a thumb sized piece of ginger and grate into the dressing and if you like raw garlic (it has amazing health benefits!) throw in a minced clove of that too.
- A great addition to this dressing is pomegranate molasses, a tart sticky sauce that you can find in some wholefood stores. Add a few teaspoons if you happen to have some.
- To arrange the salad, slice a handful of cherry tomatoes in half and toss in a bowl with the tofu, broccoli and a handful of beansprouts.
- Dress the salad and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.