Broccoli and stilton soup
- By Laura Colebrooke Laura Colebrooke
A classic dish with a rich punchy flavour.
- Slice a small onion and sweat in a pan with some butter until soft and transluscent.
- Add the minced garlic and potato, peeled and diced.
- Cook for 5 mins on a low to medium heat, turning it down if it starts to brown.
- Add the broccoli washed and trimmed into florets.
- Stir and add the vegetable or chicken stock.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 mins or until tender. Leave to cool slightly before blending.
- Add the milk and crumble in your Stilton or any punchy blue cheese.
- Reheat but be careful not to boil. Serve with a sprinkle of crushed walnuts and seedy brown bread.