Carmelised onion dip
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This is a really lovely dip and really simple to make.
- Take two large fresh onions and wash before removing the stalks and slicing
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a pan over a medium to low heat and add the sliced onion
- Add a couple of bay leaves to the pan and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir every now and then for about 5 minutes before sprinkling with a little brown sugar. Keep stirring from time to time until the onions are all brown and sticky. Thins could take 30 minutes.
- In a serving bowl mix 200ml sour cream a d 200ml greek yoghurt. Finely slice a handful of the onion tops and add to the bowl before folding in the caramelised onions.