- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This makes a fantastic moist and flavoursome bread.
- First pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grate 300g of courgette coarsely and place in a colander sprinkled with a little fine sea salt and placed over a bowl to draw out the moisture.
- Make a basic bread mix using strong white flour, yeast, sea salt and add the dry courgette along with some grated hard goats cheese, parmesan or cheddar and the rind of half a lemon.
- Add enough blood temperature water to make a wet dough and add a good glug of olive oil to the mix for flavour and texture.
- Knead well and leave to stand in a warm place covered with a tea towel until doubled in size.
- Cut the dough into bread rolls and knead again before placing on a baking tin, covering and resting again until well risen.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for twenty to thirty minutes until a golden crust has formed.