Easy beetroot chutney
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
- Wash 1.5kg beetroot without breaking the skin and boil whole until tender.
- Drain and cool before removing the skins and roughly dicing.
- Peel and chop 2 small onions, and 2 cooking apples and put in a heavy bottomed pan along with the beetroot and 200g sugar and 500ml white vinegar, 2tsp cumin seeds and a thumb sized piece of ginger chopped and a cup of raisins (optional).
- Simmer gently until reduced and syrupy before sealing in sterilised jars.