New potato, goats cheese and asparagus salad
- By Laura Colebrooke Laura Colebrooke
This makes a nice spring starter or an accompaniment to BBQ if the sun decides to show it's face!
- Prepare the potatoes and boil until just tender. Drain and crush slightly with a fork before tossing into a roasting tin. Add a glug of oil and a good pinch of salt and roast at 200C for about 20-30mins until crispy on the outside.
- Meanwhile, toast 2 handfuls of walnuts in a dry pan and set aside
- Make the dressing by mixing the mustard, olive oil and lemon, seasoning to taste.
- Wash and trim the asparagus before lightly steaming until just tender.
- Once the potatoes are ready, assemble the salad by slicing the goats cheese onto the warm potatoes and tossing with the dressing and asparagus