Parsnip, carrot and cheese cakes
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This is such a simple idea that can be adapted to include all manner of root veg and greens. They are great served as a light lunch with some of our green tomato chutney which is now available to buy online.
- Start by washing and dicing the carrots and parsnips before boiling in lightly salted water until tender.
- Drain and season with salt, pepper and a few grates of fresh nutmeg before coarsely mashing.
- Grate the cheese and mix well
- Heat up a little oil and butter in a frying pan and place a serving plate in the oven to warm
- Form the mashed veg into little patties before dusting with flour and frying on both sides until golden brown.
- Place on the hot serving dish in the oven while you fry the rest of the cakes.