Asian spiced cabbage salad with smoked tofu and toasted seeds
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This salad is a meal in itself and has so many interesting flavours to keep you coming back for more.
- Start by making the dressing. Zest the lime and squeeze out it's juice into a bowl with the zest.
- Add three times the amount of light olive oil to lime juice and the soy sauce. Add the sugar, garlic and grated ginger (I tend to wash mine and grate the ginger with it's skin on). Mix the dressing well and set aside.
- Now take a good selection of different hard and green cabbage, Brussel's sprouts also work really well in this recipe, and cut finely using a knife or your food processor. Add the cabbage to a bowl with the finely sliced chilli.
- Wash the carrot and use a potato peeler to cut long fine strips of carrot into the salad bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well before setting aside.
- Take a hot dry frying pan and toast a couple of tablespoons of mixed seeds until they pop.
- Dice the smoked tofu and finish the salad by gently mixing the tofu and seeds into the salad.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves if you wish.