- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
- Start by preheating your oven to 170 degrees celcius. Butter a shallow heavy bottomed dish and set aside.
- Peel your potatoes and cut finely with a mandolin or by hand if you so wish.
- Pour the cream and milk into a sauce pan and add the sliced potatoes, one bashed clove of garlic, the sprigs of thyme, a pinch of grated lemon zest and seasoning to taste.
- Heat the milk and cream mixture on a medium heat for ten minutes stirring regularly so that it doesn't boil over, turn down the heat if necessary.
- Once the potatoes have softened carefully spoon the potato and sauce mixture into the dish taking time to remove the garlic clove and sprigs of thyme.
- Place in the oven for thirty minutes or until golden and bubbling.