Roast swede with caraway
- By Jo Ingleby of Demuths, Bath Jo Ingleby of Demuths, Bath
Roast swede with caraway for a scrumtious side dish or flavoursome soup.
- Parboil then roast cubes of swede with a handful of hard herbs, such as rosemary and sage, for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 tsp of caraway seeds (or cumin), a squeeze of lemon juice and lots of salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes or until the swede is cooked.
- Serve as a side vegetable or add stock before pureeing into a delicious soup.