Squash gnocchi with sage butter and parmesan
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
These Italian potato dumplings take a little bit of effort but taste fantastic.
- Start by placing diced squash and potato in a pan filled with boiling water and cook until tender.
- Drain the squash and potato until dry and transfer to a clean bowl to mash until smooth.
- Once cool, add the egg yolk and flour along with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with an open nozzle and squeeze one inch dumplings out into a pan of boiling water using a knife to cut each one off. Make about ten to fifteen gnocchi and cook for one and a half minutes or until they have all risen to the surface.
- Remove the gnocchi and set aside before doing the next batch. Once the gnocchi are cooked heat a knob of butter in a frying pan until melted and add a few fresh sage leaves and then the gnocchi making sure you stir well and cover the gnocchi with the butter.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.