Corn, lettuce and potato chowder
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
A wonderful comfort food for helping through the cold nights.
- Start by washing and dicing your potato before submerging in a bowl of cold water to remove some of the starch.
- Finely dice the onion and sweat in a pan with the butter, salt and pepper and a pinch of fresh thyme.
- Sweat the onion down for 5 minutes before stirring in a tablespoon of flour for 30 seconds
- Add the milk and stock and stir well before adding the drained potatoes.
- Keep stirring until the potatoes are tender, five to ten minutes depending on the size of your dice.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and the coarsely shredded lettuce.
- Remove from heat and stir through for a minute before adding a drizzle of cream for extra indulgence. Serve with a hunk of bread