Leek and lettuce risotto
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
- Start by getting yourself a large, heavy bottomed pan and putting it on a medum heat with a good glug of olive oil.
- Finely shred one medium to large washed leek and add to the pan with a pinch of chilli flakes and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Stir for four or five minutes before adding Arborio rice (about 100g per person). Stir the rice until beginning ot turn translucent, a minute will probably do and add a glass of white wine to reduce
- Once the wine has reduced, ladle in a good spring stock, one ladle at the time. A good risotto is a labour of love but its worth the effort of bringing together one ladle at the time until the rice is just cooked al dente.
- Once you have a loose, oozing risotto, take off the heat and add one head of coarsely shredded lettuce, the juice of half a lemon and a large handful of grated Parmesan. Stir well before serving