Creamy celeriac soup with sauteed walnuts and greens
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
The contrast int this recipe is great and with the inclusion of a piece of bread is a hearty meal at any time of year.
- Start with the soup. Finely dice the onion and garlic and sweat in oil and butter.
- In a pestle and mortar, bash the fennel seeds before adding to the onion with a pinch of dried chilli and salt and pepper
- Wash, peel and cube the celeriac and add to the pan and mix well
- Add enough stock to just cover the celeriac and simmer on a low heat for 30-40 mins until tender.
- Blend the soup to a smooth consistency.
- To garnish, break up a handful of walnuts and add to a pan with the greens and a knob of butter and a little olive oil.
- Saute the greens and walnuts with a few grates of nutmeg and a good pinch of flakey sea salt.
- Serve the soup with a dash of cream and a spoon full of greens and walnuts sprinkled on top