Curried parsnip and apple soup
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
This is a fantastic soup for the autumn.
- Start by frying a chopped onion.
- Blitz together a thumb sized piece of root ginger, two cloves of garlic and a chilli (decide what strength suits your pallet) before adding to the frying onion.
- Add two teaspoons of cumin seeds, a teaspoon of ground coriander, two teaspoons of ground turmeric and a teaspoon of fennel seeds to the pan and lower the heat whilst stirring in the spices.
- Add about 600g of washed and diced parsnips to the pan and stir for a few minutes before adding enough stock to just cover the parsnips.
- Turn the heat up and cover the pan whilst you leave the parsnips to cook. When the parsnips are tender turn off the heat and add a chopped eating apple minus the core to the pan before blitzing up using a food processor until smooth. Season with salt to taste.