Spring green, feta and cheddar cannelloni
- By Laurence Guy Laurence Guy
- Start by making a classic béchamel sauce by melting butter in a pan on a low heat before adding two heaped tablespoons of white flour and stirring until a thick paste is formed.
- Gradually add the milk to the pan a bit at a time whilst stirring until a thick white sauce is formed. Season with a good pinch of sea salt and some cracked black pepper along with one quarter of a fresh nutmeg grated. Stir and set aside off the heat.
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- Take one whole head of spring greens, wash and finely shred before blanching in boiling water for one minute. Drain your spring greens and then plunge into cold water to refresh.
- Make your filling by beating the eggs loosely before adding crumbled feta, grated cheddar, a good crack of black pepper and the drained spring greens.
- Grease a shallow oven dish with a little olive oil. Fill your cannelloni shells with the greens and cheese filling and place in the oven dish until filled. Cover with the béchamel sauce and bake in the oven for thirty to forty minutes or until golden and bubbling.